Sunday, August 14, 2011

Crockpot BBQ Chicken

I haven't posted anything on my blog in quite awhile since we've been gone on vacation, but since I knew my mom was going to look at my blog sometime today I figured I better get to it!!

We had a great time on our trip to Washington D.C. and then our family vacation to Idaho. While in Idaho we prepared very simple meals, mostly campfire foods, sandwiches, or food on the grill. This recipe is a super easy recipe you can throw into the crockpot and forget about for a few hours.  It's so simple it's barely a recipe!

Crockpot BBQ Chicken

4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce

Rinse and trim the chicken of any little bits of fat or stuff (I really don't know what it's called) and place the chicken in the crockpot.  Pour about half a bottle of bbq sauce over the chicken.  You can stir the chicken around a bit so the sauce covers all of the chicken.

Cook the chicken on low for 5-6 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.

Remove chicken from the crockpot and shred in a large bowl.  Pour the rest of the bbq sauce over the chicken. Serve on a bun, or use for a bbq chicken salad, etc.

Nutrition info (estimated):
227 calories; 8g fat; 2g fiber; 28g protein

Positive thought for the day:

"Only I can change my life.  No one can do it for me."  – Carol Burnett

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering when you were going to update. Now you just have to get Dad to update his! Is Danielle still writing notes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol yeah it's been awhile! I don't know if Dad is going to update or not. Danielle is only writing notes on Mondays now...it was just too much to keep up with. Now the notes are "more special"

    ReplyDelete